With the support of like-minded people, we are determined to increase confidence in the public education system in NSW and to persuade, often reluctant, governments to fairly allocate resources and develop policies that ensure equality of outcomes for all students.
PUBLIC EDUCATION PARTY IS COMMITTED TO:
- Advocating for social justice and equity for all to ensure a fairer, productive and more cohesive, civil society.
- Influencing and monitoring the policies and strategies of government and departments to ensure transparency and democratic principles are maintained and to prioritise public education in NSW.
- Ensuring that high quality, secular and public education is available to all students in NSW, from pre-school to higher education.
- Fighting for the fairer funding of all public schools according to the Schooling Resource Standard and public higher education including TAFEs, colleges, and universities.
- Ensuring curriculum in NSW schools is evidence-based and developed by education experts in consultation with diverse communities.
- Guaranteeing that all students, irrespective of their background, ability or location, are well supported to access the appropriate stage curriculum and learning, designed and delivered by fully qualified teachers.
- Consulting with public education stakeholders to support high-quality programs that fully meet future educational and training needs.
- Promoting the profile, quality, and achievements of public education in NSW.